Thursday, November 02, 2006

For Posterity

Strong Bad?

The whole painting...

The jewelled basket

On display (on the left, with collage hanging underneath it)

The diamond pitcher

So my professor has had us do these paintings from collages we made . On tuesday, after spending three weeks on them, he announced that we would be painting OVER them, for a lesson in abstraction (and learning to let go of perfection).

Before we do that however, I brought in my digital camera tonight to capture it for posterity. Alot of the other students commented on how the red-face (an aboriginal mask taken from National Geographic) looks alot like Strong Bad. Just like choose your own adventure...you decide!

M is for Matisse, Monet and Magritte,

M.

1 comment:

Megan said...

As Strong Bad would say, "Holy crap!" In other words, cool stuff, yo. But I never woulda picked up the SB reference if you hadn't mentioned it, so... I guess you're okay. :)