Saturday, March 18, 2006

Who Loves Business Travel? I do.

Boy do I ever. Aside from paying higher prices for stuff at shittier exchange rates, you get:
1) a nice pool, with poolside service, poolside meals and poolside charging-it-to-my-room.
2) airconditioning. as much (or as little) as you want. This is especially helpful after a LOOONG taxi drive in the back of a Fiat with no hubcaps.
3) other foreign guests. they're hilarious. it only takes you a second though, to realize that they think you're hilarious, too. (sidebar: one guy came up to me and said, "You're American, right?" to which I paused, looked closely at him and said "You're Indian, right?" tee hee (he was!).
ahem, continuing on
4) single rooms all to myself for six nights, at a cost roughly the equivalent of an entire months rent. And I'm not paying for it.
5) Um, cable? I know it's ridiculous to travel all the way around the world to watch cable, but WOW. I love cable.
6) Not cleaning up after myself. Admittedly, this is a tough habit to break. I caught myself folding my pajamas this morning and promptly made myself throw them on the floor. I refolded them later.
7) flushing toilets, running water, the whole nine yards.
8) ordering internet in my room. having a laptop to hook it up to!

No comments: