As usual, upon arrival to "X" country, I normally go through a phase of "Damn! I wish I had brought..."
This time is no different - after walking around for two days now, observing local culture and trying to get away from my computer (and generally not succeeding...), here's what would be on my list:
1) sudafed/dayquil/claratin/anything with an antihistamine. Sure, I could go to the local Apotek and try my hand at something, but my travel companion tried that for a sleeping aid and we discovered this morning that they'd given her an antidepressant! Hilarious - but hey, at least she felt better!
2) Lipstick. and more black clothing. But mostly, bright red lipstick. I feel like a freak over here.
3) Hairspray - this one I did manage to find. And for the first time in over 10 years, I purchased an AEROSOLE can. Yes yes I can hear mother nature weeping, but hey, atleast I'll be able to keep the hair off my face while watching the world melt away...
4) DVDs - the next three weeks are looking awfully filled with CNN and the BBC, as those are the only English channels available. Oh, and some old US movies on pay-per-view for $20 a shot (would YOU pay that much to watch The Grinch??)
5) Office supplies - I actually toyed with this one, but decided against it. I may find them yet, it's just that they are not readily at hand right now as I need them :(
6) My network files - I was told I'd have access to them here - liars! What a pain.... especially seeing as I keep getting these nasty messages in my inbox, reminding me I'm over my limit. Boooooo.
7) Aloe kleenexes - these free hotel ones are starting to feel like sandpaper.
8) Mace, or atleast the facility to say "piss off!" in Azeri.
9) While we're at it, let's wish for a million bucks, too.
Ok, back to work. No more lists tomorrow, I promise!