Friday, February 01, 2008

This One is Better

Just like this blogger, I love my job. Well, I've only been there a month, but the prognosis is good. This is fortunate, because I upset a very nice existence in DC to take it. I mean, there's still work-related sludge to deal with (re: microwave posting below) but on the whole, I think I traded up.

I work for a large company, but in a small division (26 people) with people from all walks of life (Venezuela, Kenya, Australia, Illinois, Indiana, Egypt, etc). My manager(s) are awesome - thoughtful, funny, patient and kind. Also, they have lives outside of work, which helps.

I get to think about far flung corners of Asia all day, and work help improve living conditions for the people there. We do this by providing food, shelter, infrastructure, cows, and an education - for one. On a macro level, it sounds a whole lot more interesting than what it turns out to be in reality (logistics = paper pushing) but I still love it.

But the best part? The best part is today, the CEO gave the entire company this Friday afternoon off.

Just because.

Woo hoo!
M.

2 comments:

Crazy Dog Lady said...

That would be nice!!! enjoy your time off!

~moe~ said...

I'm so touched you linked to me! :) And I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves their job...JB was getting worried about me.