Friday, February 29, 2008

The Day That Doesn't Normally Exist

I don't have anything particular to write today - just wanted the date to show up, because it will be four long years before I see it again.

You know, when I was a kid, I thought that people born on this day were developmentally delayed. Before you blast me, let me explain.

I remember overhearing my mom (or someone) explain leap year to my siblings, saying "People born on this day only have a birthday every four years, so if someone has been around for sixteen years, they are really only four."

In my childhood mind, you couldn't officially "turn" any older without having a birthday, so this explanation _clearly_ meant that there was a four year-old trapped in a sixteen year old's body. Call my crazy, but I thought that leap year babies were somehow retarded.

Ah, the childhood mind.

Have a great day!

No comments: