Saturday, May 06, 2006

Garage Sale Let-Down

I'm sitting on my front porch right now staring a piles of junk that I no longer want but want other people to buy.

Is that wrong?

Apparently, they're on to me, because in the four hours I've been running this shingdig, I've only sold $37.75 worth of stuff. From the dollar table.

Which is funny to me because I thought that most of the mid-size electronics (the microwave, the humidifier, the iron, the vacuum cleaner) would have atleast generated interest. There are two brand new Jansport backpacks priced to move at $10 apiece!

The best I got was some Asian guy offering me a dollar for the iron.

And yet, strangely, the lamp without a lampshade, the hannukah candles and a bottle of crusty old "Cactus Juice" sold.

Wha?

To be fair, I am waiting on a couple who said they'd be back with a substantial amount of money for my old laptop. If that's the case, this whole morning would be worth it. That is, if they come back.

They're coming back, right?

Whoops!

No comments: